Key Club International, the largest high school service organization in the world, empowers its members to lead and serve by cultivating leadership skills, developing friendships, and performing community service. Key Club members have a passion for helping others and gain leadership skills they will carry with them for a lifetime.
- More than 260,000 members and 5,000 clubs in 30 nations
- More than 12 million service hours annually
- A resource that helps teens cultivate leadership skills, serve their communities, and build friendships
Key Club affords its members with opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership skills. The core values of Key Club International are leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness. The vision of Key Club is that we are caring and competent servant leaders transforming communities worldwide. As Key Club members, they pledge to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
The Kiwanis Club of Houma currently sponsors the following area high school Key Clubs:
- Homeschool of Houma/Thibodaux
- South Terrebonne
- Vandebilt Catholic
Madison Liner is the Division 7B Lt. Governor.